Is the web dead?

As mobile apps grow and spread, some people say the web is dead. Is HTML5 a deprecated technology? Was it ever a thing? After all, there are few cases of wide HTML5 adoption. For example, can you name any HTML5 games?

As someone who has been on both sides of the story (former Android dev and current HTML5 student) let me tell you one thing: there are too many apps. Users can't find a thing. The average user downloads only a few apps they really need (with the exception of games) and the rest of apps are lost in a limbo.

I think both the web/HTML5 have their niches. I think mobile users seek an inmediate satisfaction with apps ("on the go") like playing a game at the dentist wating room or taking a picture of their holydays to upload it to social networks, but you would never stream a movie, do excel, or fill a large PDF in a phone, for example. A thing that, with HTML5, you can comfortably do online in your computer. Let's say that computers are more "serious".

I used HTML5 because I easily found the libraries I needed. I've found that the web is more "open" than mobile, which is maintained by large companies.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Android programming is a shithole (part I)

Are there any real alternatives to Photoshop?

HTML was much less painful than I thought