First project: operation HTML5

I've decided to reboot an old project I already did in Android as an HTML5 application: a stop-motion animator. This time I plan to include a converter to animated GIF/PNG that the original project didn't have, to make it more usable.

I'm doing some tests with Animated_GIF.js and I run into some problems like Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'getImageData' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': The canvas has been tainted by cross-origin data. 

It seems that browsers consider any file in your hard disk as coming from another domain which makes testing even simple projects complicated, and no, using --disable-web-security doesn't work anymore in modern versions of chrome.

 I had no choice but to install the project in an Win32 Apache version and run the examples from there.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Android programming is a shithole (part I)

Are there any real alternatives to Photoshop?

HTML was much less painful than I thought